July was designated as Minority Mental Health Awareness Month in 2008 to bring awareness to the unique struggles that underrepresented groups face in regard to mental illness in the United States.
Throughout the month of July, we are asking you to create and share content (a video, a series of videos, a poem, notes, or even GIFs) responding to the Guiding Questions provided below. These questions were developed to help you think about your experience and your story. We ask that you use these questions as prompts as you develop and share content.
- What are the most important parts of your identity?
- What keeps you (or kept you) from talking about your experience?
- If and when you were struggling, how did you know you something wasn’t right
- How did those around you respond?
- What do you do to take care of yourself?
- What would you tell others who may share your experience?
Hashtags to Use on Social Media: